If you purchased any stationery for work (and your boss didn’t reimburse you) then you may be able to claim your stationery as a tax deduction on your GoTax Online etax return.
What kind of stationery can I claim?
- Pens, Pencils, Highlighters
- Glue, tape, post-its
- Diaries, Journals, Notebooks
- Calculators, Compass, Rulers
- Paper & Printer Ink (you may be able to claim some home office expenses too!)
Read: Our Home Office blog for more info
To be able to claim your stationery as a tax deduction you must:
- Use the stationery for work only
- Have paid for the stationery yourself and not been reimbursed
- Have the receipts to prove it
Where do I declare my stationery expenses on my etax return?
Once you get started signing up to GoTax Online and have chosen your Occupation, you can select or deselect the tax deductions you can claim, make sure you select Stationery.
Total up your stationery expenses then enter the total amount where specified, it’s that simple!
Are you ready to start your tax return?
Don't put it off any longer! Lodge with GoTax Online from just $10!
Note that the information provided is general in nature and subject to change, please contact one of our professionals who can evaluate your circumstances and provide more accurate advice to your current situation.